Monday, August 30, 2010

Our Greatest Fears

Dangit Ben. This can't be Ben and Kyle's Blog for Everything if you don't blog. About everything. This is Kyle again. Tonight, I am going to talk about something we all can relate to. Fear. Knowing I have to give a speech for a class this Wednesday gives me fear. But that's not the only thing. There's something else I absolutely hate.

Spiders.

This is a face of evil.

Now don't get me wrong, I can stand them. If I see one on the wall, I'll grab the Kleenex and squish it. But just look at that. If one would catch me off guard, like a ninja or something, I would run for the hills.

But this is the worst: Your about to go to bed and get really comfortable, and then you spot a spider on the wall. Naturally, you try to get rid of it in some way. But...it escapes. It runs down behind your dresser, or falls on the floor and you don't see it anymore. And now you have to go to bed. You have to lay in bed, imagining that while you sleep that spider could be crawling into your drooling mouth.

*shudder* That's why I don't like spiders. Especially the jumpy kind. They're bad enough, and then you find out they have ups. Yikes.

So I just asked Ben what his worst fear was. He said heights. That's a valid fear, I suppose. But lets compare:

This?
Or this? 
                                                                                            
Yeah, it seems pretty obvious to me. But what if we combined these fears? Like what if I was on a high place, at the edge of a cliff or something, and a jumping spider jumped up in my face? I would probably fall to my death, or maybe just die of fear related shock. And on that note, I'm going to bed. I'm sure I'll have great dreams tonight...



2 comments: