Saturday, April 2, 2011

So It's Come to This...

Alright, we haven't blogged in a long time, I'm sorry, blah blah blah, alright, enough. Now that we've got that out of the way we can get to the meat of this blog post.

There it is. Now onto the topic of this blog post. I (Kyle) am sure you have heard of this "song" called Friday by a 13 year old girl named Rebecca Black. Wait! I know, I know, I'm feeding the fire. But I thought it appropriate to weigh in on it with my opinion, since it seems to be everywhere.

I'm with her on that one.
So, I'm not going to post the video of the song because either you've heard it, or you should continue to live your life as you have been and you will hear it eventually. So anyway, here's my opinion:

The song is terrible. Yes, I think it's probably the worst song that has ever been this popular. But here's the thing that some people don't understand: the fact that it's so bad is the reason it is popular! There are people that seem to think that this song is everywhere because people think it's a good song. Now, I'm sure somewhere out there you could find someone that actually thinks it's a good song, but they would be in the minority.

This is the "So Bad It's Good" idea, and it's been around forever. Friday didn't invent this, it's just following in the footsteps of many other classic "So Bad It's Good" movies, music, television, and even video games. Here are some famous examples:

Troll 2: You probably haven't seen this movie (and neither have I) but you may have seen the most ridiculous clip from it. Just look it up on Youtube and you'll know what I'm talking about.

The 1966 Batman TV Show: Thanks Adam West.

American Idol (She Bangs, You Are My Brother, Pants on the Ground): This show is ripe with "So Bad It's Good" songs, performed by various people that have gotten famous for their terribleness.

"So Bad It's Good" has been around for a while.
That's it. Yeah, I kinda got lazy. There are a lot more, just look it up. So what I'm really trying to say is, stop complaining about Friday and how bad it is. We know. That's why we like it. If you honestly can't stand it, just be patient. It will go away in a couple of weeks, and then she'll release another song, trying to catch the same lightning in the same bottle, but she will most likely fail. Her 15 minutes of fame will be up. And in 30 years or so, we can all watch the video and laugh about it again. The End.

No surprise here. I'm pretty sure every song ever made has ripped off The Beatles in some way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment