Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A New Idea with a Cool Friend!

Hey, this is Ben today.

First things first. Beatles on iTunes??? What the??
Next, Kyle and I will be home very early on wednesday morning next week!

Now to actual blog...Kaden, you told me not to talk about girls or John Stamos. However, I must talk about music. Tonight, I had a praise team event where my praise team sang for high school youth groups, it was a really cool time to lead high schoolers in worship and to show them how awesome Dordt College is!
The one and only, Darin Lammers

While at the event, I was talking to Darin Lammers, a friend of Kylje and I and we decided that we are going to create a new radio station for the Sioux Center area. Sioux Center's radio stations consist of country, pop, country, hip hop, and did I mention they play country? We decided that it was a time to introduce a new stations with the best music around to the people of Sioux County. We will play Indie Rock, Alternative Rock, and everything that is good. We are going to do our best to create a station similar to 96.1, a station that played all kinds of music with lots variety, which now ceases to exist. Our plan is to call the station 99.5, the KYLE! Darin and I came up with that one!
We may be sitting there someday!

We don't know for sure if this will work. Our idea is to start an online station and to hopefully get lots of people to listen to our station online because of the awesome variety of music and quality of music that we will play. We will see how it goes, this isn't a for sure thing but I will keep you updated if it actually happens!

See you on Thanksgiving weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment