Thursday, October 21, 2010

Today, Ben brings the blog yo.

Today, I was thinking about life like I do sometimes when I'm bored, and I came up with some "goals" in my life. Some of the things I thought of weren't really good moral goals, per say, although, they definitely still are goals in my life. Here are some of the first things that I thought of while thinking of goals. First, I thought of Paul McCartney, I have always wanted to see him in concert. This is a huge goal in my life, although, it probably won't ever come true because tickets are only increasing in price.

Next, I obviously thought of the amazing John Stamos, and how awesome it would be to meet him (even though this will never happen.) When I was younger, my goal was to make it to the NBA, this goal isn't that realistic either, even though, at the time, I thought that it might be possible. Now I know that there is no chance. I asked Kyle what some of his goals were and the first thing that he said was that he wanted to create what he called "the next Lost". Not that it would be similar to Lost, but that it would captivate and involve viewers in the same way Lost did, and tell an incredible story.

Then, I started to actually think of what real goals I have in my life and what my life should really be about.   Why was it that when I first started to think of my goals that I immediately thought of things that I wanted, that were centered around me and me alone. I started to think deeper and what I really wanted my life to be like. I thought of what it might be like to be married, to have kids. It's starting to dawn on me that even though I'm not even dating right now that it is possible that I could be married within the next 5 to 10 years. 
I realized, finally, what my goals in life should really be about. First, I should try to honor God in everything and try to center my life around Him, and not myself. Second, my goals shouldn't be just about me and what I want, but about the greater things in life, the things that God blesses us that we take for granted. Instead of seeing Paul McCartney, my goal should be to go on mission trips and to give to the poor. 

I don't know if this really made that much sense, I guess I just wanted to say that we should think of our goals on a greater level and we shouldn't center our goals around ourselves. But around God first, and others second, then last, ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment