Friday, January 21, 2011

Music

Hey, it's Ben, hopefully this blog will count more as a real blog.

I was trying to think of something good to blog about and came up with this, I hope that you like it. Here at Dordt we have praise and worship on every thursday evening at 10 pm. I really enjoy this time because it is basically a half hour to 45 minutes of straight singing and praising God. So basically, I want to share with you some of the favorite songs that we sing, hopefully this will mean something to you as it does for me.

The first song is a new one that many of you have probably never heard, It's called "With Everything" by Hillsong. This song I like a lot because it builds throughout the song and I can't help but praise God when I sing this song.

Another song that I really enjoy singing is "the Stand". I like this song once again because it builds throughout the song. I really like the fact that it talks about giving everything over to Christ and abandoning everything that our heart desires that is sinful.

Another song that I really like is "Our God" by Chris Tomlin. I really like this song because it talks about how our God is the best and is superior to all gods. In the first verse it talks about Jesus turning water into wine. We all know how this was significant because of the elements. But something I just learned was that when Jesus did this, he was indeed proving himself as higher than the greek gods. There is a story in Greek mythology that their gods turned water into wine at a wedding in Greece at one time, but there was no proof of this. Jesus came to the area, and showed the people, I am GOD, I can change water into wine, follow ME!

I don't know if this post will influence you or mean as much to all of you guys as it does to me when I sing these songs. I just love to sing these songs and praise God through the singing of these songs. Have a great weekend!

Ben Sytsma

No comments:

Post a Comment