Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Song

Hey guys, it's Ben

The last two days I have been writing a song and I finished it today. I know it's kinda long, I really want some of you guys to listen to it and tell me what you think. Give me things to improve on. I know the sound quality is bad b/c i just recorded it on my Mac. Please let me know what you think!!! It would mean a lot guys.

There is a delay on the video, I don't know why it is that way, sorry about that, it didn't upload right, the sound should still all be right. It also cuts out a little early, but you still get the gist of most of the song.

It's called Make me a better man. Ill post the lyrics underneath the video.




Lyrics

Verse 1
I've worked all my life to get where I'm at.
I've prayed and I've tried to be more than that.
I've asked for help from all that would give it
But I always revert back to the start.

Chorus
What am I now?
As a college man.
What is my purpose in life
as I strive to be who I am?
What can I do
In times of need?
To where can I go when my struggles lead to the depths of the deceit.

Instrumental

Verse 2
I've tried to become something I'm not
Like all that is life, will soon come to rot.
I try to be me but somehow I'm caught
Throwing away all my beliefs.

Chorus

Verse 3

I've been looking for you nearly all of my life.
I tried to find you in times of strife.
Until I found you it cut like a knife,
But now the scars fade away.

Outro/End

Why do I fall astray?
Why do I give way?
To the monster within x2

Make me a better man x3

No comments:

Post a Comment