Sunday, December 12, 2010

Examinations

So this is my (Kyle's) last week of the first semester of my freshman year. It seemed to go extremely fast, but that's what they always say. So I'm going to tell you that it seemed to go extremely slow, even though you know better. This semester seemed to go really slow.

In order for it to all be over, first we must pass through the fires of exams. This week is going to be a lot of studying and test taking until Thursday. And it's going to be painful. But in the end, it will be quite worth it. Or that's the idea. Anyway, in order to help um...anyone that would be taking exams anytime soon, here is a list of tips for successful study sessions.

Find a Study Buddy
Ol' Jeff.
Jeff is my study buddy for Bible class. It's somebody you have the class with that you can work through a seemingly impossible amount of reviewing through. Jeff and I are great at staying on task as well!...yeah. Just keep at it, and before long you will know more than your teacher even does. (This is probably an unlikely result.)

Study in Advance

Don't wait until the last minute! Get started studying for a test you have two days from now, then you will be more prepared. However, it seems to be harder to motivate yourself if you start earlier, so do your best. If all else fails, just throw your books under your pillow the night before the test or some mumbo jumbo like that.

Take Breaks

Don't coop yourself up in a room for 10 hours straight studying. We all need to relax every now and then, and if you just study on and on you will die. Probably literally. So if your friend runs into the room and says, "Good news! It's raining applesauce outside and it tastes delicious! Come on!" you don't say, "I have to study...blah blah blah...I'm lame." That's the wrong answer. The right answer is, "Wow! I'm coming right away! We should play football in the applesauce!" Bingo.

So that's all I got for now. I'm going to leave you with a video that my friend Darin used to describe how he feels during exam week. I think it sums everything up pretty well. Bye bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment