Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Happenings of College

It has come to my (Kyle's) attention that this blog hasn't really talked about what exactly it is that we are doing here at college. Sure Ben can talk about playing the Piano and I can talk about playing Snake, and then Ben can talk about...um...Kaden.
Yeah.
But what does that really tell you, hm? Not much in my opinion. As we near the close of this semester, I think it's time we give an actual rundown about what has been going on in this strange place called college. I'm going to attempt to sum up activities done this semester in ONE blog post, whilst highlighting significant or noteworthy moments. On your mark, get set, and gopher! Aha! Got you! You see, you thought I was going to say go, but I said gopher, which means that you can't go yet because I didn't say go! Anyway, GO!

So, where to begin? We take classes. Um...we do homework. Okay, this is the obvious stuff. What else? We watch a lot of movies. For example, I just returned from a viewing of The Two Towers. Quite good. Last night, I watched Inception. Also good. Mostly good movies, sometimes maybe not so much.

An example of not so much. NO, we didn't actually watch this movie here, but I don't think I need to see it to know it's quality.

Every Thursday, we have Praise and Worship which is great. Afterwords, heading to 55th Avenue is almost always certain. 55th is the coffee/snack shop here on campus. They have delicious smoothies, unless you ordered one there on October 21st and your name is Rachel DelCid. Then you may have drank a fermented smoothie. But hey, we got a contest to win an iPad out of it, so no hard feelings. Except for the part where I didn't win the iPad.

We've had a few dances, like the Christmas dance this past Thursday. It was pretty fun, but very tiring overall. Needed a breather after like 2 songs, it was pretty intense. The other dances were a Neon Dance, which I did go to, and a Halloween dance, which I didn't go to, but I honestly can't remember why. Anyway, lot's of fun overall.

An example of me at the aforementioned Christmas Dance. Straight up.

On Friday nights, except for this one (we were watching Lord of the Rings remember?) we will go on a midnight donut run. There's a place in Orange City, about 20 minutes away from Dordt, that has dollar donuts at midnight. They are fresh and quite delicious. It's always worth it, and a good time.

We had already eaten our donuts, but I swear they're real!

Let's see...what else? I'm just writing about what comes to mind right now, no particular reason or order...Tonight we played volleyball in the gym. Probably one of the most ridiculous games of volleyball ever played. I was laughing constantly, and I can't even begin to describe it. So I won't. Use your imaginations.

That's all I can think of right now. You may have heard that there is nothing to do out here in Iowa, but that most certainly isn't true. You make your own fun, and that's what we've done. There's tons of other stuff that we've done, I just am to tired to think of them. Goodnight my children. We shall be coming home soon, don't fear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment