Sunday, December 5, 2010

the Piano

 Today, Ben brings the blog of the day (don't worry, it will be more daily from now on).

 First, I have a shoutout...DAVID SPENCER!!! Add him on facebook and like his facebook page David Spencer.
 The one and only, David Spencer....just kidding guys, add him on facebook if you want a pic.

I have a new obsession. Don't worry, It's not John Stamos or Emma Watson today. My newest love is found in practice rooms all over Dordt College. I like it so much because it is music, and as you all know, I love music. I have finally found someone willing, my good pal Matt DeJong, to teach me how to play piano by Chords.

I have been going to a practice room to learn chords and specific chords for specific songs for the past three weeks now. It's really fun to experiment with new songs that you hear on the radio and making them into your own new version of that song. There are many songs that I can play now by reading chords off of a chord sheet, thanks to Matt. Today, at praise and worship I even practiced some of our praise songs on the piano before we started.

                 Matt is the one in the middle!                                     

Recently, I have become obsessed with Coldplay because their songs are so amazing to play on the piano. Their newest Christmas song, Christmas Lights, is my favorite to play right now, I've only practiced it once today actually, but my goal is to have it down pat so I can give you guys a performance when I get back.

Here is a video of that awesome song! It will be on Kyle's awesome CD!!!



This is Ben Diggidy, signing off for the night, cya folks!

the one and only Ben Sytsma.

No comments:

Post a Comment