Monday, September 13, 2010

You've Caught the Swine Flu

So today I (Kyle) am going to get a little self-promoting...but I think you guys will be okay with it. I'm not full of myself or anything I swear...

So, Swine Flu. It's an 8-part series I made, and it's on Facebook (except part 8, I'm sorry...I'm trying). If you haven't seen it, get your sit-part on over there and watch them son! I just got the pleasure of showing them to some friends of mine here and they really liked it, so it's on my mind right now. Let me give you a little history.

The Origin of Swine Flu
One spring day in 2009, I told some friends that I had an idea for a video. It was going to be about Swine Flu. None of them believed that I would actually make it for some reason, so I promised them that before the weekend was over, it would be finished. We started filming on Saturday afternoon, just making it up as we went. But we got halfway through it, and my brother Justin had to leave. Jerk. So we had to stop. Wanting to keep my promise, I edited it, called it Part 1, and put it on Facebook. We would just finish it the next chance we got.

The Next Chance We Got
We started on the second half of the movie, and just made it up as we went again. We couldn't decide how to end it, so we just ended on another cliffhanger. And the rest is history, or so I'm told. We filmed parts periodically whenever we had the time, and we only just finished it in August of 2010. It's been a crazy ride, but I loved every second of it. And I think my audience did too. (Hopefully.)

Just Some Fun Trivia to Close this Out
-None of this was planned from the beginning. We started to shape how it would end around Part 6.
-Chris got in trouble from his parents for laying on the pool table. They thought we would break it.
-In part 3, a mysterious person is following Chris and it is later revealed that it is Jared. When we filmed it, I had no idea who or what this person was, I just wanted someone in the woods.
-The "Don't call me Shirley" joke is from the movie "Airplane!" Go out and rent it, and stop giving me credit for the joke!
-The phrase "What The?" said in an exaggerated manner is actually taken from a Spongebob episode. It can be seen here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIiB-8Fus5A&feature=related
-The camera tripod can be seen in many scenes. It's our stupid mistake.
-In Part 5, Sam says he is a hunter, an idea which got changed further into the story. It doesn't make any sense now. Great.
-Part 6 took the longest, it was technically in production for over six months.
-Coincidentally, Part 6 contains the worst joke in the series: My phone call with the boss.
-In part 6, when Chris is kidnapped, some old footage was used from part 1 with new footage for 6.
-The Dream Sequence in Part 7 is inspired by the show Twin Peaks. You should all watch that show.
-The movie Derek and I argue about in part 7 is Avatar. Jared doesn't like it.
-The Three Tests were originally quite different. One involved time travel, and the other involved saving your friends lives by sacrificing yourself. To heady for Swine Flu. The girl was always the final test.
-Part 7 is the only episode that had a written script.
-The funniest scene ever, when Ben orbits the globe, was made up completely on the spot.
-The ending song makes me very sad. Just sayin'.
-Thanks guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment